LOUDOUN COUNTY, VIRGINIA (USA) – Thank you America for this repudiation of President Trump’s policies in the form of a political punch to the Republican Party, and especially to President Trump.
America remains a country deeply divided, angry and racially unsettled, but this positive midterm outcome is a breath of fresh air that was rightfully yearned for, by folks all across, in these turbulent times. President Trump did not start the complex degradation of American political process, but he embraced it wholeheartedly during the last two years in office; when he lied with zero consequences – in fact, he uttered over 6400 lies since he took office on 20 January 2017. His lying, racism and misogyny are culturally radioactive, yet his cult following remains so passionate that they will believe him over any one else, any day of the week. This suits President Trump very well because when nobody can be believed, President Trump cannot be blamed for anything wrong because his followers will not believe that their messiah could do any wrong.
President Trump’s toxic policies remain America’s ugly weakest point today. It prevents America from making progress on issues of national importance – issues such as domestic policy, education, immigration, healthcare, welfare, foreign policy, international obligations etc. It eroded Americans’ faith in our government, and it’s critical national institutions; most importantly, it hurts our reputation, and it tarnishes the proud American beacon of life, liberty and democracy, and kills our standing among our global partners because sadly, our president cannot be trusted.
President Trump has played the race card very effectively and even brought the race issue in America to dangerous levels that resulted in violence here and here and here. Fortunately, the American people saw his dangerous rhetoric over and over again for the last two years, and they were fed up with it. It resulted in this repudiation of President Trump, and the Republican Party, that came in the form of this loss of House in these midterms elections.
American democracy remains very robust, but this president deliberately injected it with toxicity, racism and polarization. All politicians do what they feel is right for achieve their end goals, but all American presidents in the history worked overtime to unite the country at every turn. Not President Trump. Not even when nation needed him the most last two years as he was busy currying favors with his core base.
To begin with, the Democrats must start their constitutional oversight responsibilities in the following few areas on 03 January 2019:
- President Trump’s tax returns
- Trump family businesses — and whether they comply with the Constitution’s emoluments clause, including the Chinese trademark grant to the Trump Organization
- Trump’s dealings with Russia, including the president’s preparation for his meeting with Vladimir Putin
- The payment to Stephanie Clifford — a.k.a. Stormy Daniels
- James Comey’s firing
- Trump’s firing of U.S. attorneys
- Trump’s proposed transgender ban for the military
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s business dealings
- White House staff’s personal email use
- Cabinet secretary travel, office expenses, and other misused perks
- Discussion of classified information at Mar-a-Lago
- Jared Kushner’s ethics law compliance
- Dismissal of members of the EPA board of scientific counselors
- The travel ban policy
- Family separation policy
- Hurricane response in Puerto Rico
- Election security and hacking attempts
- White House security clearances
- Countless requests for administration officials to be grilled by committee staff, requests for hearings to obtain sworn testimony, efforts to seize communications about controversial policies and personnel decisions, and subpoena threats.
This aggressive course of action will certainly make this White House a 24/7 legal defense operation, but that is what President Trump deserves now. We need checks and balances and Democrats must not care about the ‘softer tone’ from this President. We demand oversight action right away. The American people demand real results soon.
With these midterm election results, the American people have taken a step in the absolutely right direction. These results are exactly right, as American people have realized they may have made a mistake in electing President Trump in November 2016, and now they are sending a crystal-clear message to President Trump, and to the entire world, that they are fed up with him, and they want a change in the country’s direction.
Democrats must not care about what President Trump thinks, so they must do whatever it takes now to stop the rot that President Trump has created in America. He must be stopped at every turn, and his policies must be defeated beginning the very day Democrats are sworn for 116th Congress from January 3, 2019.